As part of the due diligence process when appraising properties, agents use mappings services to obtain an overview of a property, its location and surrounds.
There are 5 sites that we at RE/MAX Hills & Country use.
- Property Assist – https://www.propertyassist.sa.gov.au/pa/ & then go to the property locator section.
> used primarily to locate titles, parcels of land etc. Will also show roads in new subdivisions, and location of strata & community titles. Once the required property has been located, then there is the functionality to order title searches if required.
- Google Maps – http://maps.google.com.au/ very handy and good for locating properties. Works well on smart phones and tablets as well.
- Near Maps – https://www.nearmap.com/welcome-new
> probably the key mapping service we use at the moment. Has high resolution maps, useful overlays plus the ability to search some ‘historical mapping’
* please note that this site is a high data use site.
* offers the opportunity to check out various national sites of interest eg resource projects of WA coast, flood areas
- Mud maps – http://www.mud-maps.com/
> useful if you are using co-ordinates or wish to overlay different information.
- RP Data - http://www.rpdata.com/index.html
> primarily a sales research tool, it does have a view map function as well.