SOLD by Paul Richards!
A Cherished Garden & Character Home on 5500sqm of Sub-dividable Land (STCC)
With a history stretching back to the 1850’s this hidden home is full of magic and wonder that is sure to impress. A mix of old charm blends with new appealing design features to create spaces for all the family to enjoy both together or separately if the mood strikes.
Otherwise step outside to an alluring garden with mature trees shading outdoor living spaces and providing cover for an abundance of flowering shrubs and groundcover. Different garden levels, wandering paths and pool will keep the children entertained for hours. These garden features also provide a sanctuary for many bird species who provide pleasant background songs year round.
Features of note include:
• Over 350sqm living space
• Mix of Stone Construction and rendered Hebel Brick providing excellent thermal mass
• German built argon-filled double glazing replaces original windows
• Beautiful curved deck and integrated pool
• 3Kw solar system
• 5 bedrooms, dining room, family, living, sunroom, study and utility rooms
• Apple, Plum, Mulberry, Nectarine, Plumcot, Pear, Peach, Fig, Loquat, Limes, Lemon Mandarin, Blood orange, Olive, Almond, Hazelnut, Macadamia, Walnut, Passionfruit, Raspberry, Black Current, Red Current, Youngberry….breath…..Cherry, Pomello, Blackberry, apricot and apologies to those I missed……
• Mains water and 70,000L water storage with transfer pump and firefighting equipment
• Dual driveway access.
• 9 x 6m Shed with lean-to wood storage and garden shed
• Chicken run
• Quality Septek sewerage system
History : The story of this home began in 1850 when William and Frederick May built a 2 roomed cottage with cellar adjacent to their family’s property. Grand designs were completed in the 1860’s expanding the dwelling to include two attic rooms with dormer windows. From 1939 to 1951 the house was known as Pine Farm, a respite home for over 500 young children run by two women who helped found the Kindergarten Union in SA, Dorothy King and Phyllis Stewart. The current owners have, over the past 25 years, extensively restored, renovated and extended the home with an emphasis on family congregation as well as providing intimate spaces for young minds to dream and develop.
The home is set on 5500sqm (approx.) of residential land with broad division potential STCC. Positioned relatively close to the town centre, with easy access to transport and amenities, this location will continue to be sort after for many years to come.