A welcoming street appeal & entrance to your front door is essential when selling your home.
These 6 easy tips will add street appeal and hopefully more money in your pocket when you sell.
- Replace welcoming elements: The letterbox, house numbers, door mat and door hardware can have a huge impression on buyers. These small elements can send a welcoming impression and are relatively inexpensive to replace.
- Symmetry: Add pots of colour to either side of the front door for a visually dramatic entryway. Depending on the season, recommended are Succulents, Violas, Pansies while even herbs are also very fashionable.
- Renew garden beds: Get them into shape by pruning growth, pulling weeds, planting flowers, and adding mulch to restore colour that was taken away by sunlight and harsh weather.
- Be sure to keep driveways & parking areas clear and tidy. No vehicles under repair, spare parts or even rubbish bins at the front of your house.
- Evening street appeal: During the sales process, consider always leaving a few interior lights on plus any exterior lights at the front of your home. Buyers may drop past to view at night.
Another option is to install a modest amount of solar powered lights to emphasize a path or feature.